· Approximately 564,000 gross acres offshore of Israel and Cyprus
· 2016 sales volumes: 283 MMcfe/d (all in Israel)
- · Discovered gross resources: 35 Tcf
· Signed gas sales contracts with Israel domestic and regional customers
· Drilling additional production well at Tamar, planned drilling at Leviathan in 2017
- Our significant world-class discoveries in the Eastern Mediterranean provide an exceptional opportunity to deliver energy security and economic development for Israel and Cyprus. And – through exports – to the region
Noble Energy was the first operator to discover natural gas resources offshore both Israel and Cyprus. Since we began operating in the Eastern Mediterranean region in 1998, we drilled 11 successful exploration and appraisal wells and discovered more than 40 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas resources in the Levant Basin.
We also successfully and efficiently moved from discovery to execution of large-scale projects. Just 4 years after discovery, we delivered the first supply of domestic natural gas to Israel from the Mari-B field in 2004. Just 2 1/2 years from sanction, we brought the Tamar field online in 2013.With nearly 100 percent uptime, our Tamar platform is providing a clean, reliable source of fuel to generate more than 60 percent of Israel's electricity.
We sanctioned the first phase of the Leviathan natural gas project in February 2017, with first gas targeted for the end of 2019. Bringing the 22 Tcf Leviathan field online will expand Israel’s supply of natural gas, further support the State’s commitment to convert coal-fired power generation facilities to cleaner burning gas, and provide affordable energy resources to Israeli citizens and neighboring countries in the undersupplied region. Leviathan’s initial development will include four subsea wells, each capable of flowing more than 300 MMcf/d of natural gas.
We also filed a preliminary field development plan for the Aphrodite field located in Block 12 offshore Cyprus, and we are working with the government and our partners to finalize the plan.
Learn about the benefits our natural gas discoveries provide to Israel here.