· Approximately 350,000 net acres in the liquids-rich sector of this premier U.S. oil play
· 2016 production: 114 MBoe/d
· Activity focused in the Wells Ranch and East Pony areas, with about 120,000 acres combined
· Maximizing efficiencies with extended reach laterals and enhanced completion designs
· Noble Midstream Partners provides critical growth infrastructure and added value
The DJ Basin, where we hold more than 350,000 net acres in northern Colorado, contains our largest U.S. onshore field at Wattenberg. Development is focused on horizontal drilling in the liquids-rich Niobrara formation.
Noble Energy is systematically developing its acreage to reduce impact through Integrated Development Plans (IDP) that cover an area ranging from 100 to several hundred square miles. Each IDP is a master plan that helps us develop our acreage in a manner that enables sustainable and responsible growth.
We apply new technology in our operations and use horizontal drilling to increase recoveries of liquid-rich hydrocarbons in the basin. Our well completion and hydraulic fracturing strategies improve production and reduce drilling time. While continuing to deliver substantial growth in the DJ Basin, Noble Energy is testing substantial upside in the play through extended reach lateral wells.
We continue to focus on cost reductions and have reduced well costs over 40% since early 2015. This has been driven by monobore drilling, fluid design changes and infrastructure optimization.